SAN BLAS BIRDS
San Blas is a beautiful fishing village located 2 hours north from Puerto Vallarta, it considered one of the tourist icons of the Mexican Pacific due to its natural beauty and historical significance. The port of San Blas was founded in the seventeenth century and became the most important port in the Pacific. It has historical monuments and buildings such as the ancient fort of San Blas and the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary "The Sailor". In addition to it's historical importance San Blas is surrounded with calm water beaches, ponds, springs and mangroves that make it a tropical paradise for the wide variety of species that live there.
SAN BLAS BIRD WATCHING 1 DAY TOUR
San Blas is considered a birding paradise with a wide variety of species of birds, the Audubon Society estimates that is home of more than 300 species, which places San Blas as the second place for bird watching, just behind Panama. Most of these species live in accesible areas, making this the favorite spot for bird watching in Mexico. Ornithologists from all over the world come to San Blas to find birds or to participate in the annual bird count. On our tour you will have the opportunity to visit la Tovara and take a boat ride through the mangrove channels, which will allow you to see a lot of birds in a short time, leaded by our wildlife photographer and bird expert.
- 06:00- 07:00 (Appointment depends on your hotel area)
1.- OPEQUIMAR. This is located in Marina Vallarta. Just across the
street of Westin Resort & Spa Hotel
2.- PARADISE PLAZA. This Plaza is located in Nuevo
Vallarta, close to Paradise Village Hotel.
Coffee, juice and cookies are served on the way to the observation area, while guests receive an educational explanation to introduce them to the world of birds as well as information about the various species of birds in the area and their habitat.
- 09:30 Arrival to San Blas. We will board on a little boat, to make a trip through the Tovara mongrove channels searching for birds. Once the birds are found more information about the species is provided.
- 1:30 We finish our boat ride and then go to San Blas town for lunch, have a little time to see it and then return to Puerto Vallarta
- 18:00 Arrival to Puerto Vallarta (We drop you back to your hotel).
SMALL GROUPS: Maximum 8 persons per group.
- ADULT 12+
- $ USD online $ USD
- CHILD 4-11
- $ USD online $ USD
* INFANT 0-3 NO CHARGE
* IF YOU ARE TRAVELING WITH A BABY THAT YOU DON’T WANT OR CAN’T TO TAKE TO THE TOUR WE CAN BABYSIT. PLEASE CONTACT US.
APROXIMATELY 12 HOURS
- Specialist bilingual guide
- Ground transportation
- Field guides
- Light breakfast
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Photography tips
Not recommended for kids 2- yrs.
WHAT TO BRING OR WEAR
- Confortable clothes
- $$$ for TIPS and SOUVENIRS