SAN BLAS BIRDS
San Blas is a beautiful fishing village located 2 hours north from Puerto Vallarta, it considered one of the tourist icons of the Mexican Pacific due to its natural beauty and historical significance. The port of San Blas was founded in the seventeenth century and became the most important port in the Pacific. It has historical monuments and buildings such as the ancient fort of San Blas and the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary "The Sailor". In addition to it's historical importance San Blas is surrounded with calm water beaches, ponds, springs and mangroves that make it a tropical paradise for the wide variety of species that live there.
SAN BLAS BIRD WATCHING 2 DAY TOUR
San Blas is considered a birding paradise with a wide variety of species of birds, the Audubon Society estimates that is home of more than 300 species, which places San Blas as the second place for bird watching, just behind Panama. Most of these species live in accesible areas, making this the favorite spot for bird watching in Mexico. Ornithologists from all over the world come to San Blas to find birds or to participate in the annual bird count. On our tour you will have the opportunity to visit La Tovara and the Camalota Laggon at different day times, which will allow you to see a lot of diurnal and night birds, leaded by our wildlife photographer and bird expert.
- 12:30- 13:00 (Appointment depends on your hotel area)
1.- OPEQUIMAR. This is located in Marina Vallarta. Just across the
street of Westin Resort & Spa Hotel
2.- PARADISE PLAZA. This Plaza is located in Nuevo
Vallarta, close to Paradise Village Hotel.
- 14:00 We make a stop at Guayabitos for lunch
- 15:30 Arrival to San Blas. Check in at hotel and a few time to rest.
- 16:30 We will to the Tovara Pier, board on a little boat, to make a trip through the Tovara mongrove channels searching for birds during several hours, having a chance to see diurnal and nocturnal birds. Once the birds are found more information about the species is provided.
- 20:00 We finish our boat ride and then go to San Blas to the hotel
- 20:30 Free time for dinner, walk in town, rest and sleep.
- 06:15 Appointment at the Lobby of the Hotel
- 06:30 Departure to the Camalota Lagoon
- 07:00 Arrival to Camalota Lagoon, we get on board a little boat to search for migratory birds and crocodiles.
- 11:45 End of boat ride
- 12:00 Arrival to San Blas. Check out at hotel.
- 13:00 Lunch and then return to Puerto Vallarta
- 16:30 Arrival to Puerto Vallarta (We drop you back to your hotel).
SMALL GROUPS: Maximum 8 persons per group.
- ADULT 12+
- $ USD online $ USD
- CHILD 4-11
- $ USD online $ USD
* INFANT 0-3 NO CHARGE
* IF YOU ARE TRAVELING WITH A BABY THAT YOU DON’T WANT OR CAN’T TO TAKE TO THE TOUR WE CAN BABYSIT. PLEASE CONTACT US.
- Specialist bilingual guide
- Ground transportation
- Field guides
- Light breakfast
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Photography tips
Not recommended for kids 2- yrs.
WHAT TO BRING OR WEAR
- Confortable clothes
- $$$ for TIPS and SOUVENIRS